Excellent Pie CrustFrom gregsalvo 5 years ago
How to make it
- In large bowl, stir flour and sugar together, then add butter & shortening. Blend with pastry blender or fork or your fingertips until well combined. The mixture should resemble course crumbs.
- Add water and toss with a fork until water is well incorporated.
- Gently gather dough and fold it over on itself briefly for a few seconds to distribute the fat evenly.
- Divide it into 4 equal parts formed into disks, wrap and chill for an hour or more.
- Remove first disk and roll out on lightly floured surface to fit a 9 - inch pie plate. Repeat the process for top crust or cut in strips for a lattice appearance.
The Cookgregsalvo Rockport, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!