Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom starzsway 5 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a Medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, (or just a large bowl if using hand mixer) combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs.
- Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture; mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.