Pear and Granola MuffinsFrom caramia 5 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 2 D'Anjou pears (2 cups), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice shopping list
- For Granola Crisp Topping: shopping list
- (or use 3/4 cup plain granola) shopping list
- 1/2 cup granola shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, yogurt, and butter. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add egg mixture to well, and mix in flour mixture until just combined. Gently fold in the granola and pears.
- Make Granola Crisp Topping: In a bowl, toss together 1/2 cup granola, 1/4 cup each all-purpose flour and packed light-brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter into pieces; add to granola mixture, and rub in with fingertips until clumps form.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each 3/4 full. Sprinkle with granola topping. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from tin. Serve warm or at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- turlak Spring, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔