Lime Squares with Pistachio-Graham Cracker CrustFrom caramia 9 years ago
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for pan shopping list
- 2/3 cup shelled pistachios shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) graham-cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoons grated lime zest shopping list
- For the Filling: shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking dish with melted butter. Line bottom with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides.
- In a food processor, finely grind pistachios with graham-cracker crumbs, sugar, and zest. Blend in butter. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake until lightly browned, 8 to 12 minutes. Cool crust, 30 minutes.
- To make the filling: In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and condensed milk. Add lime juice; whisk until smooth. Pour filling into cooled crust; carefully spread to edges.
- Bake until set, about 15 minutes. Cool in pan on rack; then chill at least 1 hour before serving. Using parchment paper overhang, lift out of pan, and transfer to a cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut into 16 squares, wiping knife with a damp kitchen towel between each cut. To store in refrigerator, cover with plastic wrap.