Churros and Hot ChocolateFrom cherriepie 7 years ago
- * Churros * shopping list
- vegetable oil for deep frying shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 125 grams butter shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup plain flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional) shopping list
- * Hot chocolate * shopping list
- 150 grams dark chocolate chopped shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- pinch chilli powder (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- * Churros*
- Heat oil (about 4cm deep) in a large saucepan over a high heat until it reaches 180°C.
- In a medium size saucepan, combine water, butter and salt over a medium-high heat. When butter has melted and mixture is at a rolling boil; stir in flour. Mix vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture into piping bag fitted with a large star shaped nozzle. Pipe 10cm strips of dough into hot oil. Fry 3 or 4 strips at a time until golden brown, turning once, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon together until well combined; roll churros in sugar until well coated.
- * Hot chocolate *
- Place the chocolate and milk in a small saucepan and heat, stirring, until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour into cups or bowls for dunking churros. Do not pour over churros, but use the mix for dunking churros after every bite.