Chilis Southwestern EggRolls with Avacado Ranch Dipping Sauce CopycatFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 chicken breast fillet shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup frozen corn shopping list
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons diced, canned jalapeno peppers shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- dash cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- five 7-inch flour tortillas shopping list
- avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup smashed, fresh avocado (about half of an avocado) shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- dash dried dill weed shopping list
- dash garlic powder shopping list
- dash pepper shopping list
- Garnish shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion shopping list
How to make it
- Egg Rolls/Filling:
- Rub chicken breast with some vegetable oil then grill it on barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done, or saute on stovetop.
- Lightly salt and pepper each side of chicken while it cooks.
- Set chicken aside until it cools down enough to handle.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and onion to pan and sauté for a couple minutes until tender.
- Dice cooked chicken into small cubes and add it to pan. Add corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to pan.
- Cook for another 4 minutes; stir well so that spinach separates and is incorporated into mixture.
- Remove pan from heat and add cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- Wrap tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temperature for 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon approximately one-fifth of mixture into center of a tortilla. Fold in ends and then roll tortilla over mixture.
- Roll tortilla very tight, then pierce with a toothpick to hold together. Repeat with remaining ingredients until you have five egg rolls. Arrange egg rolls on a plate, cover plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- While egg rolls freeze prepare avocado-ranch dipping sauce by combining all of ingredients in a small bowl.
- Preheat 4-6 cups of oil to 375 degrees.
- Deep fry egg rolls in hot oil for 12-15 minutes and remove to paper towels or a rack to drain for about 2 minutes.
- Slice each egg roll diagonally lengthwise and arrange on a plate around a small bowl of dipping sauce.
- Garnish dipping sauce with chopped tomato and onion.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating9 people
Oooh i can taste the margaritas now!....ohh I mean the egg rolls rofl! great post...and can I borrow bryan ti make me a drink? loldivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
omg yum again thanks you are on top of it today....lolminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
OMG Sparow! This is one of my favourite restaurant dishes; I have been trying to find the recipe for many years!!! I love you, love you, love you!! X0auntybea in Vernon loved it
Cooking Chicken203 members
Anything Goes286 members
Appetizers And Dips267 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner120 members
Coffee Talk123 members
Friends In The Kitchen313 members
Chicken Please144 members
Man Food60 members