Mixed BreadFrom bluewaterandsand 6 years ago
How to make it
- Firat Step.....
- Dissolve the yeast in water. Add shortening, salt, sugar and grits.
- Add enough flour to make a stiff batter. Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk. An hour or so.
- Second Step......
- Divide into 2 or 3 loaves and let rise until doubled in bulk again..
- Third Step......
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 50 minutes.
- Take loaves out of oven and rub margarine on them.
- Fourth Step.....
- Wrap in waxed paper and a cheesecloth or towel.
- When the loaves cool, wrap them in plastic wrap.