Joans Salsa Corn MuffinsFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal, ( I prefer stone ground yellow cornmeal ) shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 Tbs sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa sauce - use your favorite shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl combine and mix well the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients.Combine both mixture stirring only to combine and moisten .
- Fill lined muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake in a preheated 375/400F oven about 20 minutes or tested done.
- Yield 10 to 12 regular size muffins.
- Serve hot or warm from the oven.
- Great addition for chili
- Note: there is no white flour in this recipe, just 100% cornmeal .
- I think these are great as is but you can experiment if you wish and substitute some white flour for part of the cornmeal.