Country Italian BeefFrom watson2167 7 years ago
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast shopping list
- 8 ounces tiny new potatoes, halved or quartered shopping list
- 2 medium carrots or parsnips, peeled and cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup) shopping list
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 1 14-ounce can beef broth shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine or beef broth shopping list
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 to 2 cups basil leaves, spinach leaves, or torn fresh escarole shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, carrots or parsnips, onion, and fennel. Add meat; sprinkle with rosemary.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, wine, tomato paste, tapioca, pepper, and garlic. Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Just before serving, stir in basil.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- watson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!