Creamy Potatoes CasseroleFrom watson2167 7 years ago
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 of an 8-oz. pkg. reduced-fat cream cheese cut up shopping list
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded (4 oz.) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives or green onions shopping list
- 1-1/2 lb. Yukon gold or round red potatoes, cut in thin wedges shopping list
- 8 oz. sliced cooked ham or country ham, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed bagel chips shopping list
- thyme and/or Italian parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- For sauce, in medium saucepan cook onion in hot butter over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender; stirring occasionally. Stir in flour and mustard. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add 1/2 cup of the Gruyére cheese until cheese is melted. Stir in chives.
- In bowl combine potatoes, ham, and sauce; toss gently to combine. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake, covered, 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; stir carefully. Sprinkle with crushed chips and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Let stand, 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with herbs.