Italian Sausage and Spinach CasseroleFrom watson2167 5 years ago
- 3/4 pound fresh italian sausage links shopping list
- 2 10-ounce packages fresh spinach, cooked and well drained, or two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained shopping list
- 1 19- or 15-ounce can white kidney beans (cannellini) or great northern beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 teaspoons margarine or butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook sausage over medium heat about 8 minutes or until no pink remains, turning often. Drain on paper towels. Slice into bite-size pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooked sausage, spinach, beans, onion, milk, 1/4 cup of the Romano or Parmesan cheese, lemon peel, lemon juice, nutmeg, and pepper. Transfer mixture to a greased 2-quart oval or square baking dish.
- For topping, in a small mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup of the Romano or Parmesan cheese, garlic, and melted margarine or butter; sprinkle atop casserole. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degrees F oven for 35 minutes or until heated through.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!