Chicken SandwichesFrom watson2167 8 years ago
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (10 to 12 oz. total), finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- Dash cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 oz.) shopping list
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chile peppers, drained shopping list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 12 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed shopping list
- avocado slices, cucumber slices, or tomato slices (optional) shopping list
- 12 leaves Bibb or green leaf lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook chicken in hot butter until lightly browned and no pink remains.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, garlic, and cayenne; cook for 1 minute more. Cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream until creamy and combined.
- Fold in chicken mixture, drained tomatoes and peppers, green onions, and cilantro. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Spread mixture on 6 slices of bread. Top with avocado, cucumber, or tomato slices; add lettuce and remaining 6 slices of bread on top of each sandwich.