Puree of Creamy Mushroom SoupFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbs butter shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 3 pounds of mushrooms sliced shopping list
- vegetable or chicken broth to cover ( usually 6 cups or more ) shopping list
- Enough heavy cream shopping list
- powdered thyme, shopping list
- salt and coarse black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- This is a how to recipe because one can easily make other soups this same way and easily alter thickness, textures, flavors etc.
- Melt butter with olive oil over medium heat and saute onions till softened and then add garlic and cook and stir a few minutes to release flavors.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot, cver and cook until mushrrooms are softened and reduced in half by volume.
- Add enough stock to cover and bring to a boil and cook and simmer covered 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover and season with salr, pepper, thyme.
- Cook a minutes or two longer.
- Add enough heavy cream to make as light and creamy as you desire.
- Cool to warm.
- Now either using a hand blender, carefully rough puree the soup.
- Or rough puree in batches in a blender.
- I find the hand blender a valuable kitchen tool especially when I make stovetop soups and sauces.