Date Rice PuddingFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 cups cream shopping list
- 2 cups half and half shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup long grain rice shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean shopping list
- 2 Tbs rum shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- 8 oz Pkg bite size chopped pitted dates shopping list
- 8 oz whipped topping or 1 cup cream whipped shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy duty sauce pot heat milks, sugar, vanilla bean ( split ) over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add rice and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cover and cook mixture ( stir occasionally ) until rice mixture becomes creamy and liquids almost absorbed.
- Pudding will thicken with chilling.
- Remove from heat , remove vanilla bean and stir in the dates.
- Let cool completely and then cover and chill very well.
- Then place mixture in a large glass or dessert bowl and blend in the whipped topping or the cream that has been whipped to lighten texture of the pudding. .
- Garnish pudding with chopped almonds and maraschino cherries if desired.
- Note: if you want date and nut rice pudding then blend in some slivered or sliced almonds along with the dates to the pudding instead of using as a garnish.
- For a lower calorie version one can make pudding with all milk or part milk and skim milk and use the whipped topping instead of the heavy cream.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
Sweet Tooth447 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Sweet Suite159 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Rice Rice And More Rice60 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere50 members