down south sweet potato pieFrom cutekitty996 7 years ago
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can mashed yams shopping list
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 2 (9 inch) deep-dish pie shells shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- Lightly whipped cream (optional shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in sugar. Reduce mixer speed and add eggs, one at a time. Beat in yams, evaporated milk, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour filling into pie shells. Bake pies 30 to 35 minutes until edges puff, crust browns, and custard is set.
- Meanwhile, mix the pecans, brown sugar, and butter. Set aside. Remove pies from oven. Sprinkle with pecan mixture and return to oven 7 to 10 minutes longer, until topping is golden brown and crisp. Cool pies on rack completely. Garnish with whipped cream.
- If mashed yams are unavailable, puree a drained 16-ounce can of whole yams in a food processor until smooth
The Cookcutekitty996 Beach Lake, PA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!