Lighten Up Spinach DipFrom solanaceae 6 years ago
- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained shopping list
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- 2 T flour shopping list
- 1 C buttermilk, warmed in microwave shopping list
- 1 C whole milk, warmed in microwave shopping list
- 1 C Good cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 C whole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 t garlic powder shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/3 C parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the warmed whole milk and stir over heat until smooth.
- Add the warmed buttermilk and stir over heat until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add cheeses, stir until all melted.
- Mix in spinach and artichoke, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 350* until bubbly.
The Cooksolanaceae Manchester, NH
The Rating2 people
Lighten up?? LOL. Let's see, butter, buttermilk, whole milk, cheese, cheese, cheese... I love it. Very similar to the one I fix. And I do crave spinach dip all the time. Probably the only way I like cooked spinach.dugger in Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville) loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!