Black Bean and Rice SaladFrom trist22 6 years ago
- 3 tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 C lemon juice shopping list
- 1 C cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. basil shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained shopping list
- 1 tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, pressed shopping list
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 6 tbs. salsa shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl, combine tomatoes, bell pepper, lemon juice, cilantro, basil, red pepper flakes, corn and beans.
- mix well and set aside
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium low heat. Add onion and saute' until translucent.
- Add Garlic and saute' for another minute, then add to the tomato mixture
- now combine the rice and the veggie mixture, salt and pepper to taste.
- top each portion with a tbs. of salsa.
The Cooktrist22 Tacoma, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!