Zeppoli Fried Bread doughFrom trist22 6 years ago
How to make it
- heat 3 inches of oil to 375 degrees
- in Large bowl dissolve yeast in 1/2 C warm water
- set aside for 10 minutes
- stir remaining 1/2 C water in bowl
- add flour, beat until soft dough forms
- turn dough on soft surface.. kneed with greased hands until smooth
- place dough in greased bowl and turn to coat
- cover with damp cloth
- let rise in warm area 1 -1/2 hrs.
- fry golf ball sizes of dough in batches until golden brown
- drain on paper towels
- sprinkle with confectioners sugar
- enjoy hot!!!