Herb-Crusted Roast Lamb With PotatoesFrom bostonmargy 6 years ago
- 1 leg of lamb (7 to 8 pounds) shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves, slivered shopping list
- 5 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbs plus 2 tsp dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 tbs dried rosemary leaves shopping list
- 2 tbs plus 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper (or less, if desired) shopping list
- 2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 30 small red new potatoes, quartered (can use fewer) shopping list
- 2 tbs chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 tsp coarse salt shopping list
- rosemary sprigs, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut slits all over the lamb with the tip of a sharp knife and insert the garlic slivers into the slits
- Brush the lamb all over with 2 tbs of the olive oil
- Combine the 2 tbs thyme, the dried rosemary, 2 tbs (or less) pepper and coriander in a small bowl and mix well. Pat the herb mixture all over the lamb for form a crust. Place the lamb in a shallow roasting pan.
- Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining 3 tbs olive oil, the fresh rosemary, the remaining 2 tsp thyme and 1 tsp salt and pepper. Toss to mix well and arrange around the lamb in the pan.
- Place the pan on the center rack in the oven and roast for 45 minutes. Then reduce heat to 375 F and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven when internal temperature has reached at least 120 F for rare. Cover with tin foil and let sit 15 minutes before carving. For rare lamb, allow 12 minutes per pound. For well done lamb, allow 18 minutes per pound.