Pumpkin PorridgeFrom wiffy 8 years ago
- A small piece of pumpkin, skin removed & cut to small cubes (about 150g without skin) shopping list
- 200g pork belly (aka sam cham bak, 3-layered pork, 3层肉), cut to thin stripes (can substitute with bacon) shopping list
- 2 portebello mushrooms (or a few shitake mushrooms) - cut to cubes (but not too thin) shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic shopping list
- Half large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup of rice, washed shopping list
- 5-10 dried scallops shopping list
- 10 red dates shopping list
- 2 litres of water shopping list
- 50g butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp wolfberries shopping list
- 30g salted fish, cut to small bits shopping list
How to make it
- Fry pork slices in wok. When pork is entirely cooked on the surface, take out and set aside on a plate.
- Heat butter in wok. Saute garlic, onions and salted fish till fragrant. Then add pumpkin, mushrooms and stir fry for a short while.
- Add uncooked rice and fry till the onions are clear.
- Add the stuff from the wok, wolfberries, red dates and the previously cooked pork, to a pot, add water, and bring to a boil. Stir the base of the pot frequently to prevent the rice from sticking to the base.
- Simmer on a low heat for about 20-30 minutes (or longer if you want congee*), while leaving lid partially covered (if you cover fully, the water will spill over).
- Garnish & serve.
- Full story here
The Cookwiffy Singapore, SG
The Rating1 people
My husband loves congee and I've been looking for a good recipe for a while. I made this and we really enjoyed it. Thanks.
pinksquirrel in loved it