couscous salad with veggie chicken tomato and basilFrom rcragun 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 cups veggie broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked couscous shopping list
- 2 cups chopped tomato (about 1 1/4 pounds), seeded shopping list
- 2 cups chopped veggie chicken, cooked (preferably fried) shopping list
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1-ounce) crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 1 can sliced black olives (optional) shopping list
- 1 juice of half of a lemon (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic in a large microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high for 45 seconds.
- Add the broth; microwave at high 4 minutes or until mixture simmers.
- Gradually stir in couscous; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Stir in the tomato, chicken, basil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with cheese (and black olives and the lemon juice).
- I prefer this dish cold, but you may not. I suggest chilling for about an hour then serving.
The Cookrcragun Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!