Salsa Stoup And Baked Quesadillas-rachael RayFrom stacynnick 6 years ago
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper cored, seeded, chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves chopped shopping list
- 1 Lg onion chopped shopping list
- 3 celery ribs, chopped with greens shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 28 oz can stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes or diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 6 -8 inch flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 3 scallions chopped shopping list
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese shopping list
- sour cream for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil and the jalapenos, bell pepper, onion, celery, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to your liking, saute the veggies for 5 mins. Add all the tomatoes and stock and bring up to a bubble. Reduce the heat to a simmer and then add the cilantro.
- Paint one side of 2 tortillas with the oil and place them oil side down on a cookie sheet. Mix the cheddar cheese with the scallions and divide betwee the tortillas evenly. Top with another tortilla and top each of those with equal amounts of Pepper jack cheese. Set the last tortilla on top and brush the tops with oil. Bake for 10 mins. Then let them cool for 5 mins. Cut into wedges.
- Serve stoup with quesadilla wedges and garnish either with sour cream if you wish! I recommend letting the stoup simmer while the quesadillas bake. Yum-O!