Chickpea Soup Hasa Al-HummusFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1 c chickpeas, soaked in water overnight, then drained shopping list
- ( or used canned and decrease the cooking time ) Use about 2, 15 0z cans of chickpeas shopping list
- 8 c water shopping list
- 1 tb olive oil shopping list
- 2 md Onions; chopped shopping list
- 8 cl Garlic; chopped into small pieces shopping list
- 1 sm Hot pepper; finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c Coriander leaves; finely chopped shopping list
- 2 ts salt shopping list
- 1 ts Pepper shopping list
- 1 ts ground mustard seeds shopping list
- 1/4 c lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Place chickpeas and water in as saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a frying pan, then stir fry onions, garlic, and hot pepper until they begin to brown.
- Add frying pan contents with the remaining ingredients to the chickpeas.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 1 hour or until chickpeas are well cooked.
- If using canned, I simmer about 30 minutes