Puff Pastry Spoons With Chocolate GanacheFrom tippystclair 6 years ago
How to make it
- To make Ganache:
- Boil cream in a thick based pan and remove from the heat, set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and stir in the butter, stirring until the butter has also melted and is fully mixed in with the chocolate.
- Stir in a couple of drops of your favourite flavoring: orange, banana, almond, etc
- Pour in the cream and stir quickly, the mixture will solidify .
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Shape as required for the pastry spoons.
- The ganache can be molded by hand into rounds, ovals, etc but chocolate molds are readily available.
- Puff pastry spoons:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut a two inch by five inch strip of puff pastry.
- Place on floured board or worktop. Do not roll with rolling pin..
- Shape the stem of the spoon by folding inward and gently rolling.
- Form the bowl of the spoon by working out a circle with your thumbs and fingers.
- Seal by brushing with beaten egg yolk.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
- Place finished spoons on a lightly greased cookie sheet,
- Use metal spoons, egg cups or anything small that is oven/heat proof to hold up the stems of the pastry spoons while baking.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until pastry is golden, crisp and firm.
- Let cool on the pastry sheet with the stems supported.
- Place the finished ganache into the bowl of the spoon.
- Serve on dessert plates.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!