Grilled Red Pepper SoupFrom bluewaterandsand 5 years ago
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika shopping list
- 4 medium red pepprs, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces(4 cups) shopping list
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper shopping list
- basil, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Add red pepper to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Scrape contents of skillet into slow-cooker bowl and pour in chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 4 1/2 hours or until red peppers are completely soft.
- Working in batches, puree soup in a blender until completely smooth.
- Stir in sugar, salt and white pepper.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Garnish each serving with basil and serve.