Glazed Doughnut Bread PuddingFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 9 glazed doughnuts, day old ( Krispy Kreme is good ) shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 3 cups whole milk shopping list
- vanilla Sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk, plus 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish and set aside. Cut doughnuts into 1/2-inch cubes and spread evenly in baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over doughnuts.
- Let rest 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make a water bath for the pudding by placing the baking dish in a shallow, ovenproof pan.
- Fill pan with warm water.
- Place in oven and bake for 70 to 75 minutes; center should be firm.
- Serve warm or cold.
- scald the cream, all but 1/4 cup milk, sugar and salt in a saucepan.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1/4 cup milk in a small cup.
- Stir it into the cream mixture. .
- Bring the mixture to a boil over low heat, whisking constantly.
- Continue boiling and whisking until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in butter, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Allow the sauce to cool slightly before serving.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!