Spinach Salad Mimosa with Rhubarb and Balsamic VinaigretteFrom deliathecrone 8 years ago
- Vinaigrette: shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 2 cups spinach leaves, washed and spun dry shopping list
- 1 stalk rhubarb, chopped shopping list
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced shopping list
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 hard-cooked egg yolk, OR 2 tablespoons silken tofu with 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest shopping list
How to make it
- Make Vinaigrette:
- In a bowl, whisk the salt, pepper, mustard, and balsamic.
- Slowly whisk in the oil until the dressing emulsifies.
- Store in a screw-top jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Make Salad:
- Toss all salad foods together except egg yolk or tofu and lemon zest.
- Dress with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle egg yolk over dressed salad.
- VEGANS and VEGETARIANS: Instead of egg yolk, mix silken tofu with lemon zest and sprinkle over dressed salad.