Candy Apple PieFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened apple juice divided shopping list
- 1/3 cup cinnamon candies shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring shopping list
- 4 apples sliced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 graham cracker crumb pie crust shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whipped topping thawed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan combine 1-1/2 cups juice, candies, vanilla, food coloring and apples.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup juice and cornstarch in small bowl.
- Stir into apple mixture then continue to cook until mixture boils and thickens.
- Cook an additional 3 minutes then remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Spoon apple filling into pie crust then refrigerate several hours.
- Just before serving combine whipped topping and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Top with whipped topping.