Sage BiscuitsFrom cookskitchencuisine 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup cold whole milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage shopping list
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) chilled, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and egg until blended. Set aside.
- Blend flour, baking powder, salt, sage, and pepper in a food processor or large bowl. Add the cold butter and pulse or quickly blend with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Do not overmix.
- Add the milk mixture and process just until moist clumps begin to form. Transfer the dough to a floured surface.
- Knead dough until it hold together, about 6 turns. Roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Using a floured 2 1/2 to 3 inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out the biscuits. Reroll the scraps and cut remaining biscuits. Transfer to a large nonstick or lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve warm.