Cuban Coconut Rice PuddingFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup short grain rice shopping list
- 4 whole cloves shopping list
- 1 (2 inch) piece of vanilla bean, split lengthwise shopping list
- 1 (2 inch) cinnamon stick shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can fat free sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat free milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chopped crystallized ginger shopping list
- 1 tspp. grated lemon rind shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Place water and rice in a large saucepan.
- Place cloves, vanilla and cinnamon on a double layer of cheesecloth.
- Gather edges of cheesecloth together; tie securely.
- Add to rice mixture.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low; cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is almost absorbed.
- Stir in milks and raisins; cook for 10 minutes; stirring
- Stir in ginger, rind, and salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frquently.
- Remove cheesecloth with spices.
- Pour rice mix into a bowl or individualized bowls; cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!