Pumpkin BreadFrom drgngirl 5 years ago
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 3/4 cup raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Cream sugar and shortening till fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in pumpkin and milk.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, ginger, soda, spices and 1/2 teaspoon salt;
- Add to pumpkin mixture.
- Beat 1 minute with electric or rotary beater.
- Stir in raisins.
- Turn into a well-greased 3 pound shortening can.
- Place can in crockery cooker.
- Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove can from cooker; cool 10 minutes in can.
- Cool thoroughly