Tofu-Stuffed Pasta ShellsFrom mspaulak01 8 years ago
- 15 uncooked jumbo pasta shells shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups silken firm tofu shopping list
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese, divided shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions for al dente pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the tofu, 2 tablespoons Romano cheese and garlic; cover and process until smooth. (Add 1 tablespoon of water if mixture is too thick.)
- Add spinach; process until blended.
- Drain shells, rinsing with cold water to stop the cooking process and cool to touch.
- Stuff with tofu mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce and wine/broth.
- Spread about 1/2 cup sauce in an 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange stuffed shells over sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Romano cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until shells are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Nutrition Facts: (One serving = 3 stuffed shells) Calories: 262, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 754mg, Carbohydrate: 39g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 14g
- Diabetic Exch: 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.