Dicks Healthy Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom dickkoz 8 years ago
- Dicks Healthy chocolate chip cookies shopping list
- > shopping list
- > 3/4 cup old fashioned whole rolled oats shopping list
- > 1 cup whole-wheat flour shopping list
- > 1/2 cup ground flax seeds shopping list
- > 1/2 cup raw wheat germ shopping list
- > 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes shopping list
- > 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- > 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- > 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- > 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- > 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- > 1 large egg shopping list
- > 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- > 1 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- > 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
How to make it
- > 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray (not required if your using non-stick pans)
- > 2. Mix oats and flour in a medium bowl. Add baking soda and salt and whisk until mixed in. Whisk in wheat germ, flax and coconut.
- > 3. Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy. With the mixer running, add the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and walnut pieces using a wooden spoon or spatula. Chill the dough in a refrigerator for at least 1 hour. The dough should be firm before proceeding with step 3.
- > 3. Force a spoon into the dough to remove about 2-3 tablespoonfuls per cookie, at least 1 inch apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies, until firm around the edges and golden on top, about 12 minutes. Remove baking sheets from the oven immediately and cool the cookies for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks with a spatula to cool.
- > note: Neutral flavor oils such as canola or safflower can replace the 1/2 cup butter or you can split 1/4 cup butter plus 1/4 cup oil. Don't expect the same depth of flavor as 100% butter :)
- > Specialty's version of this cookie is tall and rectangular. If you prefer that shape then mold the chilled dough into a 2" x 2" rectangular log and cut into 1.5" pieces to form the cookie.
The Cookdickkoz Santa Clara, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!