Eggplant ParmesanFrom rcragun 8 years ago
- 1 eggplant, washed and sliced into 8 1/2 inch slices, i use the nicer ones from the center and work my way out shopping list
- 2 cups mozzarella-parmesan cheese blend shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs, seasoned with garlic powder shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce shopping list
- cooked pasta shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix egg and milk together in bowl until well-blended.
- Heat olive oil in med frying pan.
- Dip eggplant slices into egg/milk mixture followed by breadcrumbs.
- Fry eggplant on each side, until each side is golden brown (you want them crispy, not mushy).
- Remove eggplant from skillet, and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Place 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce into 9x13 casserole dish. Place eggplant into bottom of cassserole. Pour spaghetti sauce over top of eggplant. Sprinkle mozzarella/parmesan cheese over top of spaghetti sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over pasta if desired.
The Cookrcragun Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!