Slow Cooker French Canadian Pea SoupFrom copcook 7 years ago
- 2 cups Dried yellow peas shopping list
- 1 smoked ham bone (left overs is best then you can also add any left over meat) shopping list
- * 5-6 slices of good smoked bacon will work too shopping list
- one medium onion chopped shopping list
- 3 celery stalks with leaves chopped shopping list
- 2 sprigs of thyme (teaspoon dry) shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Soak peas in water over night .
- First put in Ham bone and meat.
- Cover with onions ,celery, and thyme.
- Add peas and water.
- Cook on high for 8-10hrs or until peas begin to break up and give the soup a chowder appearance.
- Remove the bone, take what meat is on the bone, chop into bite size pieces and return these to the soup
- Season with salt and pepper (careful with the salt the ham will have infused the soup with lotsa salt)
- Cut a nice thick slice of your favorite bread....and chow down!!