RasgullaFrom priya 7 years ago
How to make it
- Boil whole milk in a big pot on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the milk starts to boil, add 3tbsp of lemon juice and stir. Add more if needed.
- After the milk starts to curdle.Turn off the stove and pour them into a cheese cloth. Wash four or five times in cold water to rinse out all the lemon juice from curdled milk.
- Tie a knot and hang them over a kitchen sink to drain out the whey. This should take about 1 to 2 hours. The cheese should be dry.
- Add cheese and 2 tsp of flour to a food processor. Proccess them for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Pour 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Add sugar and bring them to a boil.
- Meanwhile knead the cheese mixture again for 40 seconds using hands. Divide them to 15 equal sized portions and roll them to spheres.
- When the sugar comes to a boil gently drop the cheese balls to the sugar syrup**. Close the cooker.
- After the pressure cooker starts to whistle, wait for 5 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Open the cooker after 10 minutes and add the cardamom powder to the syrup and stir gently. Let them cool before transferring them to a container and refrigerate.
- Serve cold.
The Cookpriya Little Rock, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!