Sorta PaellaFrom way2nrml 8 years ago
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks shopping list
- 1 lb. smoked turkey sausage, sliced into 1/2 in. rounds shopping list
- 1 lb. frozen shrimp (thawed) or fresh; peeled, cleaned and tails removed shopping list
- 1 small package of saffron flavored rice ( I use Mahatma brand) shopping list
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 C. frozen whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1 C. frozen peas shopping list
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce shopping list
- fresh black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet or pot with a lid, brown chicken over medium high heat in 1 Tbs. olive oil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion. Cook until onion begins to soften.
- Add shrimp and cook just until they begin to turn pink, but are not fully cooked.
- Add sausage, garlic, corn and peas (still frozen). Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Once the rice is done, add it to the large pan/pot, add Tabasco and pepper, and serve.
The Cookway2nrml Raleigh, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!