Calamari Steaks ItalianoFrom kofki 7 years ago
- calamari steaks, 4 shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- fresh ground pepper and salt shopping list
- “Ian’s” Italian Style panko breadcrumbs shopping list
- (you could season your own plain panko if you can’t find this brand at Whole Foods) shopping list
- 1 lemon quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Place calamari on cutting board.
- With a sharp knife, place 6 to 8 slits in each calamari. Place one slice of garlic into each slit. Once complete, carefully cover calamari steak with olive oil, pepper and salt. Now, cover each calamari steak with Panko, pressing to adhere to the calamari.
- Let stand about 20 minutes.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of Olive oil in heavy pan on medium heat. Once hot, place calamari in hot oil and cook for three (3) minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on cutting board. Slice across and place on serving plate with lemon slices around it.
- You could also serve this with your favorite marinara sauce!