Veal StockFrom scearley 7 years ago
- 1 1/2lb veal breast shopping list
- 1 1/2lb veal knucklebones, split shopping list
- 3/4 lb chicken pieces (back, neck, wings, thighs) shopping list
- 12 c cold water (or enough to cover) shopping list
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 leeks, white and green parts, washed thoroughly and chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely choped shopping list
- Boquet garni shopping list
How to make it
- Put veal breast and knucklebones in a large stockpot, add water to cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Immediately drain and rinse the veal, bones, and pot.
- Return veal and bones to the pot, add chicken and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, skimming off scum.
- Reduce heat and simer for 20 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer, uncovered for 3-4 hours, adding water as needed to keep ingredients covered.
- Strain into a clean pot and immediately cool by placing the pot in an ice bath.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Skim fat from top before using.
- Makes about 8 cups