Fried Fish SandwichFrom hayleesgrandma 8 years ago
- 2 pounds grouper, mahi mahi, cod, or halibut fillets shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 cups cold beer shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns shopping list
- tartar sauce or mayonnaise shopping list
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves shopping list
- 4 tomato slices shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut fish into 3-inch strips. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tsp. Greek seasoning, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- 2. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, remaining 1 tsp. Greek seasoning, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper; stir well. Add 2 cups cold beer and egg, stirring until thoroughly blended and smooth.
- 3. Pour oil to a depth of 2 to 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
- 4. Dip fish strips into batter, coating both sides well; shake off excess. Fry fish, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden (do not crowd pan). Drain on paper towels.
- 5. Spread top half of each bun evenly with tartar sauce. Place 1 lettuce leaf and 1 tomato slice on bottom half of each bun; top each with 2 fried fish strips and top halves of buns.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating3 people
Love picture of the puppy and the sandwish is another wow recipe 10 for this please thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love this! By the way, been to Dockside Dave's many times. (don't live to far) His seafood bisque is to die for! Try it if you get a chance to go back. Definatley saving this!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
Great recipe. I couldn't find Greek seasoning so I made it with paprika. I also used grouper (frozen fillets at Publix, delicious), and Sam Adams Boston Lager for the beer. Best fried grouper sandwich I've had!pmazer in atlanta loved it