CRISPY CAMEMBERT FONDANTFrom drgngirl 7 years ago
- 1 camembert (preferably Isigny-sainte-Mère) shopping list
- 4 sheets of phyllo dough shopping list
- 2 tbsp. melted butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp. mandarin marmalade shopping list
- 1 bunch watercress shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the camembert in 8 wedges.
- Place 1 sheet of dough on your table, brush with some melted butter and delicately place another sheet on top of the first one. Brush again with butter.
- Cut the layered sheets in half. Place a small dollop of marmalade in the center of each half, place 2 wedges of camembert on the marmalade, some more marmalade on top of the cheese, and top with fresh ground pepper. Then, fold the phyllo dough delicately over the cheese, forming a small package.
- Place the dough on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat the process with the remaining 2 sheets of phyllo dough until you have four cheese packages. Brush the tops of your pastries with more butter and keep in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
- Make the dressing for the salad by placing the remaining mandarin marmalade in a large bowl and adding the salt, pepper, vinegar and olive oil. Whisk to combine; check the seasoning.
- When ready to serve, place the pastries in a pre-heated 350 degrees oven for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the excess stems from the watercress and place in the bowl of dressing. Mix well but gently. Divide the watercress salad between the four plates, place the hot camembert next to the salad and serve immediately.