PIGS IN A BLANKET Cabbage RollsFrom creativecook 7 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice shopping list
- 1 large head savoy cabbage shopping list
- 1 onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp dried dill weed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar shopping list
- 1 (13 ounce) can of condensed tomato soup shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed Italian tomatoes, with liquid shopping list
- 4 bay leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Variation: eliminate rice, sugar, bay leaves, dill, tomato soup – add 1 jar tomato paste and Italian seasons to meat mixture. Drain stewed tomatoes and add 1 jar spaghetti sauce – (we use w/ mushrooms or garden) pour tomatoes and sauce over top and add mozzarella cheese.
- Make rice according to rice directions.
- In the meantime, remove the core from the cabbage. Boil in large pot of water. Separate leaves carefully, removing any tough ribs.
- Chop onion. Saute the onion in 1 tsp butter; cook just until translucent (do not brown). In a large mixing bowl, mix together cooked rice, cooked onions, ground beef (cooked and drained), minced garlic, dill weed, salt, black pepper, sugar. Mix well to blend.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of mixture onto each cabbage leaf. Bring one end of cabbage leaf over mixture, roll and tuck ends in to prevent any filling from falling out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare one 9x13 inch casserole dishes by placing some left over cabbage leaves in bottom of each. Arrange cabbage rolls in a single layer tight against each other.
- Mix tomato soup and stewed tomatoes, pour over the cabbage rolls until just covered. Put bay leaves on top. Cover each dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) 30 minutes
The Cookcreativecook Campbell, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!