Special Sweet Potato SoupFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 to 4 ea leek Onions, Washed well and Sliced Thinly shopping list
- 6 Cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cup white wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon. ginger, Finely Chopped shopping list
- 3 ea sweet potato, Peeled and Cut into 1 inch Cubes shopping list
- 1 ea orange (Navel ), juiced shopping list
- 1 Cup milk shopping list
- 1 Cup heavy cream shopping list
- salt (to taste) shopping list
- pepper, Freshly Ground (to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy bottomed stockpot, saute leek onions and ginger in butter over medium heat until soft & translucent.
- Deglaze with white wine, reduce by half.
- Add Chicken stock and sweet potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat
- Stir in the orange juice, milk and cream, season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully puree soup using an immersion blender or in a tabletop blender until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning w/ salt & pepper.