Rise And Shine Vegetarian HashFrom hedgewitch_13 8 years ago
- 1 package shredded hashbrowns shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 3 Morningstar Farms vegetarian sausages shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/2 an onion, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- a healthy amount of turmeric, season to taste shopping list
- a sprinkle of curry powder, season to taste shopping list
- a sprinkle of onion powder, season to taste shopping list
- a spinkle of garlic powder, season to taste shopping list
- a sprinkle of sea salt, season to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Begin prep by dicing the red bell pepper and onion. Mince the garlic and set all aside.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of olive oil on medium-high.
- When the oil is ready, add the entire package of hashbrowns, the 3 vegetarian sausages, bell pepper, onion, garlic and all seasonings.
- Let sit for 6 mins. undisturbed.
- After 6 mins., break up the soy sausages with a spatula into bite-size pieces and mix all the ingredients together in the pan. Be sure to turn over, so the other side of the potatoes can brown. The mixture will turn a bright yellow because of the turmeric. Don't use a white plastic spatula unless you want it stained bright yellow. Turmeric has a way of doing that!
- Let sit for an additional 6 mins.
- Serve and enjoy! Goes great with a glass of orange juice and a garnish of cilantro. You can even top with a spoon of pico de gallo...very yummy. If you want to make it more hearty, you can scramble eggs into the dish. Leftovers save well, and can be wrapped up in a tortilla later for handy breakfast burritos.