Campanelle and Mushroom PastaFrom discocmr 7 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. butter shopping list
- 1 med. leek, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried sage (if you have fresh increase to about 2 tsp fresh, minced) shopping list
- 5-6 cups of chopped wild mushrooms - you can use whatever mushrooms you have/like really shopping list
- 1 c. half and half shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 10 oz. campanelle pasta (whole wheat or regular) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil and butter in skillet; add leek and cook until tender.
- Add sage and mix around well.
- Add mushrooms; cook down until the liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Add half and half and cook until it is reduced to about 6 tbsp.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- While mushrooms cook and half and half reduces, cook pasta.
- Drain pasta, combine with mushroom mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- If you use whole wheat pasta, increase your half and half by about another 1/4 c. as the whole wheat pasta tends to soak up the half and half mixture more than regular pasta.