Cream of Cashew SoupFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) butter shopping list
- 3 Tbs (45 ml) finely chopped celery shopping list
- 3 Tbs (45 ml) finely chopped onion shopping list
- 3 Tbs (45 ml) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) finely chopped salted cashews shopping list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- paprika for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over moderate heat and saute
- the celery and onion until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock,
- milk, and chopped cashews and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve garnished
- with a sprinkle of paprika.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!