Green Curry ChickenFrom jtalle 4 years ago
- 3 15 oz coconut milk, unsweetened shopping list
- 2 TB green curry paste shopping list
- 2 1/2 lb chicken, thighs boneless, skinless shopping list
- 1/2 C Sliced bamboo shoots shopping list
- 2 TB fish sauce shopping list
- 2 TB sugar or equivalent sweetener shopping list
- 1 Bunch basil shopping list
- 1 Bunch cilantro shopping list
- 1 TB lemon grass shopping list
- 1 Ea lime shopping list
- 2 Ea chilies, jalapeño or red shopping list
How to make it
- Separate the basil and cilantro leaves from stalks.
- Zest one medium lime and recover the lime juice.
- Chop the basil, cilantro. Dice or julienne peppers, mince lemon grass.
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven, heat 1/4 cup of coconut milk with the green curry paste. Stir until blended.
- Stir in the remaining coconut milk and the bamboo shoots, fish sauce, and sweetener.
- Add basil, cilantro, lemon grass, lime zest, lime juice and chili peppers.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with jasmine rice or steamed greens, such as red Swiss chard or broccoli.