Shrimp with GarlicFrom playingwithfood 5 years ago
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, cut into thin slices shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the garlic, bay leaf, and red-pepper flakes and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp, salt, and black pepper to the pan and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just done, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sherry, lemon juice, and parsley.
- I boiled some whole wheat thin spaghetti and when done drained.
- Then I added some olive oil, parm cheese, and a blend of italian spices.
- Stir evenly to coat.
- Topped with shrimp and a few spoons of the sauce the shrimp is cooked in.
- Don't want that much oil? Cut in half and substitute vegegable broth.
- Serve over brown rice instead ot pasta if you prefer.
- I also did not have sherry so substituted water (or broth if you have).
The Cookplayingwithfood Glen Burnie, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!