Hawaiian Style Mixed VegetablesFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 6 mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in chunks shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks, in unsweetened juice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. each ginger and curry powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil leaves, crumbled shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, saute mushrooms, green pepper and onion in the butter for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from saucepan. Set aside.
- Put carrots in saucepan. Drain juice from pineapple into pan. Add ginger, curry powder and basil.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add onion mixture, pineapple, water chestnuts and brown sugar.
- Heat well, then season with salt to taste.