Oysters On The Half Shell With Asparagus SaladFrom cshmny 5 years ago
- 72 Fresh oysters (I used Kumamoto, Kushi, and Fanny Bay) shopping list
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed, run through a frencher and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard with seeds shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 4 oranges 9cut into Supremes) shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Shuck Oysters
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the asparagus pieces and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until bright green. Be careful not to overcook.
- Place into a strainer and rinse under cold water. Drain well, and refrigerate until needed.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar and the zest from one orange.
- Drizzling the oil into the orange juice mixture, whisk briskly until thick.
- Stir in the cumin seeds.
- Immediately before serving, drizzle the dressing over the asparagus pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with carrot curls and orange wedges.
- Place 3 Oysters on the plate (I like 1 each of 3 types)
- One hour before Service, place 1 Orange Supreme and 2 Asparagus pieces on each oyster.
- Garnish with remaining salad and Orange Zest